JTB Tokyo Metropolitan Corp., acting under the philosophy to provide the best consulting services, has been offering attractive tours and the variety of travel services through the “network of branches” covering all over the metropolitan area as well as in other means of contact with customers than the branches, such as external sales activities, call centers and the Internet. We fully recognize our responsibility to protect all personal information handled by us, and comply with laws and regulations concerning personal information and protection of the rights of the individual whose personal information is subject to use. We hereby declare our company-wide commitment to develop a management system for personal information protection to put into practice the policy set forth below, and continually improve the management system in response to the latest IT technology trends, changes in social demands, and fluctuations in the business environment, which we will keep informed of at all times.
- We will handle personal information including our acquisition, use, and provision in compliance with the management system that suits JIS Q 15001 and only to the extent required to conduct our business. We will use legitimate and fair methods to acquire personal information, and utilize, provide and otherwise handle personal information only for such express purposes. When the need arises to handle information for any purpose other than such express purposes, we will obtain permission to do so from the personal information protection manager, and then notify the persons whose personal information is involved of the purposes for our use and obtain their consent. In such cases, the personal information will not be used for any purpose other than such notified purposes.
- We will invest management resources appropriate to our business circumstances in development and continual improvement of a personal information security system to implement practical safety measures for prevention of risks associated with leaks, loss, damage, and other misuse of personal information. In the event of any misuse of personal information, we will immediately implement corrective measures.
- We will comply with all laws and regulations, policies set by the government of Japan, and other social norms and public policies concerning personal information protection.
- We will establish a “JTB Customer Relations” to respond to complaints and requests for information concerning personal information handling, and requests from individuals whose information is subject to use for disclosure of their personal information. We will make the JTB Customer Relations widely available both within and outside the company. We will quickly, sincerely, and appropriately respond to all requests made by the individuals whose information is subject to use.
- We will make appropriate and timely reevaluations of the management system for personal information protection based on changes in our business environment, and promote continual improvement of the management system.
We will implement such measures to make this policy on personal information protection available to everyone at all times that include distributing the policy in paper form to all employees, publishing it on our Web site, and making it available to the public in pamphlet form.
Established: April 1, 2006
Revised: April 1, 2008
Representative Director and President
JTB Tokyo Metropolitan Corp.